Business hours on St Maarten
Restaurants on St Maarten – St Martin are generally open from 7am to 10:30am for breakfast, 11:30am to 2:30pm for lunch, and 5pm to 11pm for dinner. Restaurants on French St Martin tend to open for dinner slightly later.
Banks on the island are typically operate from 8am to 3pm on weekdays only.
Doing Business on St Maarten
The mandatory regulations with regards to legal entities under private law (such as the foundation and the (private) limited liability company) which can be used for doing business on St Maarten, are contained in Book 2 of the Civil Code. The legal entities explicitly regulated are:
• the foundation (stichting);
• the private foundation (stichting particulier fonds);
• the association (vereniging);
• the cooperation (coöperatie);
• the mutual guarantee company (onderlinge waarborgmaatschappij);
• the limited liability company (naamloze vennootschap) (N.V.); and
• the private limited liability company (besloten vennootschap) (B.V.).
The limited liability company and the private limited liability company are, beside the sole proprietorship (eenmanszaak) the most common formal structures for the conduct of business on St Maarten.
The Central Bank of Curacao and St Maarten
The most important objectives of the Central Bank of Curacao and St Maarten are to maintain the external stability of the Netherlands Antillean Guilder (ANG) and to promote the efficient functioning of the financial system in the countries of St Maarten and Curacao.
St Maarten Chamber of Commerce and Industry
For additional information on doing business on St Maarten, please contact the St Maarten Chamber of Commerce & Industry. – http://sxmcoci.org/