St Maarten Travel Guide
You’ll find all the information you’ll need in our St Maarten travel guide. St Maarten is located at the tip of the N. Eastern Caribbean & direct flights from international airports make travel to St Maarten a breeze! Miami is 2.5 hours away and 4 hours from New York. Paris & Amsterdam connect the island with Europe in just 9 hours.
Travel to St Maarten and you’ll find paradise, St Maarten offers visitors a fusion of cultural experiences & cuisine, 37 pristine beaches and a happening atmosphere. Peacefully divided in 1648 between the Netherlands and France, today Dutch St Maarten and French St Martin is the smallest landmass in the world shared by two sovereign nations. The climate is sunny and warm with a cool topical breeze all year round.
With the south side of the island forming Dutch St Maarten, you’ll find St Maarten All Inclusive Resorts, entertaining boardwalks, lively beach bars, and more than a dozen casinos. To the North, you’ll find French St Martin, with its harbor full of St Martin Yacht Charters, quaint homes and luxurious villas in Les Terres Basses built up into the cliffs, reminiscent of a Mediterranean ﬁshing village.
Dutch St Maarten
- St Maarten Capital: Philipsburg
- Airport: Princess Juliana International Airport (SXM)
- Language: Dutch, English is widely spoken.
- Currency: Netherlands Antilles Guilder. US$ & major credit cards widely accepted. ATMs dispense local currency and US$.
- Electricity: 110 volts
French St Martin
- St Martin Capital: Marigot
- Airport: Grand Case - L'Esperance (SFG)
- Language: French, English is widely spoken.
- Currency: Euro. US$ and major credit cards widely accepted. ATMs dispense Euros.
- Electricity: 220 volts
Top Things to Do in St Maarten
Don't miss these Experiences & Attractions
St Maarten Travel Essentials
- General Entry Requirements for St Maarten Upon arrival to St Maarten, you must have the following in order to clear immigration: A valid passport for the […]
- If you’re planning a trip to St Maarten – St Martin, you’re probably wondering when is the best time to visit. In our opinion, anytime is […]
- Border division – Border crossing between Sint Maarten and St. Martin. On March 23, 1648, France and the Dutch Republic agreed to divide the island between […]
- Acts of crime and violence can be found worldwide and so you don’t have to cancel your vacation to St Maarten – St Martin or think […]
St Maarten Travel - FAQs
- St Maarten Hospital: St. Maarten Medical Center - 910
- Ambulance Services - 912
- Police Department - 911
- St Maarten Coast Guard - 913
- Fire / Disaster Services - 919